Dan Kramer is a trial lawyer who specializes in representing families and individuals involved in catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death matters. Dan has obtained eight jury verdicts as lead counsel, all victories on behalf of his clients. Multiple verdicts were featured in both The Daily Journal and Verdict Search. He also achieved over 200 favorable resolutions on behalf of his clients through settlement, mediation, and arbitration. Early in his career, Dan tried one of the first cases in Los Angeles County history to embrace a controversial new law regarding the recoverability of health insurance payments in personal injury actions. In his first year with the firm, Dan obtained a $3 million settlement on behalf of the family of a WWII veteran who was tragically killed when a truck owned by a large grocery store chain ran a red light and crushed their husband and father to death. In 2015, Dan obtained a $1,237,500 settlement on the eve of trial on behalf of CalTrans worker who was severely injured in a freeway collision. This year Dan obtained a $1,420,000 settlement just before trial against a shopping center for failing to protect its customers when a vehicle jumped a curb severely injuring a mother and her two daughters. Most recently, Dan obtained a $1,000,000 policy limits settlement on behalf of a family who lost their 87 year old father and grandfather who fell down a poorly lit stairwell.
In 2015, Dan graduated from the renowned Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College. He was also elected to the Board of Directors of the Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Charities.
From 2013-2015, he was honored as a “Top Attorney” in personal injury and employment law by Pasadena Magazine, which reached out to thousands of lawyers from all over the Los Angeles and Pasadena area to vote for the “most esteemed and highly regarded attorneys” in their chosen fields where Dan was distinguished for his “exceptional service” in his specialties.
He is an adjunct professor at Southwestern Law School where he teaches Law Firm and Civil Litigation practice at the Graduate Legal Academic Program.
Before founding KHS, Dan honed his courtroom skills at one of the preeminent trial firms in Los Angeles, predominantly representing civil defendants. Dan has also worked at a top employment and entertainment firm representing plaintiffs in civil actions.
Dan is a founder of the Beverly Hills Bar Association Personal Injury Section which he currently chairs, and was recently elected as the youngest member of the Southwestern Board of Directors.
Memberships & Boards
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Trial Lawyers Inn of Court
- Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles
- Southwestern Young Alumni Association – President 2012 – 2013
- American Bar Association
- Southwestern Alumni Association – Board of Directors
- Trial Lawyer’s Charities – Board of Directors
- Beverly Hills Bar Association – Founding Member of Personal Injury Committee
- Graduate: CAALA Plaintiff Trial Academy 2015
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Graduate: Spence Trial Lawyers College September 2015
- Association of Southern California Defense Counsel – Board of Directors 2012-2014
Personal Injury Results
- $3,000,000 for a family whose husband, father and grandfather was tragically killed in an auto accident in Torrance
- $1,420,000 against a shopping center for failing to protect its customers when a vehicle jumped a curb severely injuring a mother and her two daughters.
- $1,237,500 for a CalTrans worker who was hit just before exiting his vehicle on the shoulder of the 5 Freeway in Orange County.
- $1,000,000 policy limits settlement on behalf of a family who lost their 87 year old husband, father and grandfather who fell down a poorly lit stairwell.
- $225,000 for an actress who fractured her wrist on set.
- $210,000 for emotional injuries suffered by victims of an armed robbery at an electronics store in Culver City.
- $200,000 for a passenger who suffered a fractured wrist in an auto accident on the 10 freeway in Rosemead.
- $124,000 for a dog bite incident at a restaurant in Hollywood.
- $100,000 for an airplane passenger who was injured her knee during a crash landing at Camp Pendleton.
- Article: Effectively Preparing For and Taking an Expert Depositions
- Article: Employer Liability for Injuries Caused by Employees: How Far Does the Law Go and Should Employers be Worried?
- Article: City Liability for Sidewalk Injuries
Lectures & Speaking Engagements
- Speaker: I’m Not a Lawyer, But I Play One on TV: When Actors Need Legal Counsel; SAG Foundation, October 23, 2012
- Speaker: Mediation Strategies and Tactics for Achieving the Most Favorable Results for Clients; Southwestern Law School, January 23, 2013
- Moderator: Law Firm Growth: What Partners Should Tell Their Associates; ASCDC Annual Seminar, February 28, 2013
- Professor: Graduate Legal Academic Program Southwestern Law School Fall 2013-Present
- Lecturer: MCLE Make it Rain: How to Bring in Bu$siness Through Networking, January 28, 2014
- Moderator: The Personal Injury Trial: Winning Strategies from the Masters, March 27, 2014
- Speaker: How to Prepare for Your First Trial, October 2, 2014
- Honored Speaker: Southwestern 50/50 Annual Reception, March 24, 2015
- Speaker: Crash Course on How to Steer an Auto Accident Case from Inception to Trial, April 9, 2015
- Moderator:Jury Selection: Lessons from the Masters, June 14, 2016