Jack is a litigation attorney with trial and appellate experience. He specializes in employment, personal injury, and consumer advocacy. He is licensed and handles lawsuits in both Florida and California.
Before becoming a founding partner of KHS in 2012, Jack spent four years working for a highly regarded defense firm in Los Angeles, representing corporations and insurance companies. There, he was involved in all stages of litigation, from case evaluation through trial and appeal.
At KHS, Jack has focused on representing employees who have been harmed in the workplace. This includes single Plaintiff claims for discrimination, harassment, wrongful misclassification as an independent contractor, retaliation, and wrongful termination. Jack also handles wage and hour claims for unpaid wages, failure to provide meal and rest breaks, and failure to properly itemize wage statements. He represents both individual plaintiffs and also class plaintiffs in the form of class actions or qui tam claims under the Private Attorney’s General Act (“PAGA”).
In addition to his employment practice, Jack represents plaintiffs who have been injured, and also prosecutes consumer cases, including class actions for product defects. He is passionate about standing up for the rights of consumers, in both Florida and California.
Jack also has a passion for giving back to the community. He is the immediate past vice president of the Exceptional Children’s Foundation, a non-profit helping children and adults with special needs throughout Los Angeles County. Jack is also on the advisory board for the United Way in Germany, and is a Young Leader of the Atlantik-Brücke, an international non-profit. He is also the co-chairman of the Los Angeles Chapter of the American Council on Germany.
In addition to being licensed in the state courts of both Florida and California, Jack has been admitted to the United States District Court for the Southern District of California, United States District Court for the Central District of California, United States District Court of the Northern District of California, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
If you have been treated wrongfully by an employer, injured, damaged, or suffered monetary loss, please do not hesitate to reach out to Jack –[email protected] It is a privilege for him to consult, at no-charge, with anyone who has been wronged and is in need of legal assistance.
Memberships & Boards
- Trial Lawyers Section, Florida Bar
- Labor & Employment Section, Florida Bar
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (“CAALA”)
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Exceptional Children’s Foundation (www.ecf.net (https://www.khslaw.com/attorney/john-jack-holcomb-jr/www.ecf.net) –
Immediate past vice president.
- United Way Germany, advisory board member
- American Council on Germany, Los Angeles chapter co-chair
- Article: Discrimination and Harassment Recovery for Independent Contractors
- Article: Effectively Preparing For and Taking an Expert Depositions
- Article: Ten Ways Businesses Can Limit Risk and Avoid Litigation
- Article: 10 Legal Steps Restaurants Can Take to Achieve Long-Term Profitability
- Article: Trade Secrets: What Business Owners Should Know About Trade Secret Misappropriation and available remedies
Programs, Lectures & Speaking Engagements
- Program: Atlantik-Brucke Young Leaders Conference, August 23 – 29, 2014
- Program: ABOTA National Trial College, Harvard Law School, June 22 – 27, 2014
- Speaker: Restaurants, Bars and Nightclubs: Litigation and Transactional Issues From Bar Fights to Contracts
- Panelist: Mastering the Abuse of Expert Witnesses
State of Florida
State of California
Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
United States District Court for the Central District of California
United States District Court for the Southern District of California
United States District Court for the Northern District of California