Shahrokh is a business and intellectual property attorney specializing in both transactional and litigation matters. He acts as outside general counsel for many of the firm’s business clients, which range from international corporations to start-up and ongoing companies and individuals covering a variety of industries including entertainment, hospitality, cannabis, finance, e-commerce, advertising and more.
Viewing clients as friends as well as business partners, Shahrokh is dedicated to providing value to his clients and maintaining long term relationships. As such, he works closely with his clients to identify their goals, objectives and constraints in order to facilitate business transactions and resolve disputes in the most effective and economical manner.
Prior to founding KHS, Shahrokh served as Counsel at Independent Film & Television Alliance (IFTA)- producer of the American Film Market (AFM) and the worldwide trade association for film and television production, distribution and finance companies.
During law school, Shahrokh served as the President of Southwestern’s Student Government as well as the Associate Editor of the University Law Review. While obtaining his undergraduate degree from California State University, Long Beach, he served as the Vice President of the Student Government, President of the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity and Founder/President of the Law Society.
Memberships & Boards
- Entertainment & IP Section of LA County Bar Association, Past Chair
- Southwestern Entertainment and IP Alumni Association Board of Directors, Chair
- Susan G. Komen Los Angeles County, Board of Directors
- Cannabis Trademarks: Securing Intellectual Property Rights in Cannabis Business
- The Business of Cannabis: Emergence of an Industry
- Article: Meeting of the Minds – This Title Cannot Be Registered: The Lack of Title Trademark Protection for Single Creative Works and Some Available Alternatives
- Article: Part II: Why Shouldn’t I Just Register My Trademark Through an Online Legal Service Provider Like Legalzoom or Another Company?
- Article: Part I: What’s a Trademark and Why Is It Important For My Business?
- Article: Crowdfunding and Film Finance Business and Legal Issues
- Article: Federal Communications Commission Indecency Violations
Lectures & Speaking Engagements
- Speaker: Day in the Life: A Glimpse into the Practice of Entertainment and Intellectual Property Law Attorneys
- Moderator, International Trademark Law and Strategy: Practical Tips for Protecting, Licensing and Enforcing Trademarks Abroad (CLE Panel, 2014), Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Organizer, The Ins and Outs Of Reality TV Deals: Business and Legal Issues with Reality TV Development, Production, and Distribution (CLE Panel, 2014), Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Speaker, International Intellectual Property Rights Protection (Government Training Panel, 2013), United State Dept. of Commerce
- Moderator, Hot off the Runway: Business Trends and Legal Issues in the Fashion Industry (CLE Panel, 2013), Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Moderator, Making Money Online: Business and legal issues related to content monetization and capital financing for online IP-based businesses (CLE Panel, 2013), Los Angeles County Bar Association