KHS’s full-service intellectual property practice provides clients with sophisticated, cost-effective and innovative legal solutions for developing and protecting their intellectual property assets. Whether you are an individual, a start-up company or an established corporation, our clients benefit from comprehensive intellectual property services and strategic counseling of experienced attorneys.
We represent our clients in the enforcement of their intellectual properties through litigation before federal and state courts.
John “Jack” Holcomb, Jr.
property transactional services, including:
- Analysis and counseling of business and legal issues with regard
to trademark selection
- Prosecution of U.S. and foreign applications for trademark registration,
maintenance filings, and handling of contested issues in the U.S. Patent
and Trademark Office
- Counseling, negotiating and structuring trademark and copyright acquisitions,
joint ventures, distributorships, financing, franchise arrangements, workouts,
assignments and licensing
- Management of intellectual property portfolios
- Prosecution of copyright registrations and recordation of copyright licenses
and assignments, and handling of contested issues before the United States
Copyright Office and Copyright Royalty Tribunal
- Development of client administration programs
- Counseling and drafting website development contracts, linking agreements,
web privacy law issues, including EU guidelines, joint venture Internet agreements,
and encryption and technological issues
- Counseling in the selection and search of brand names worldwide and the
management and maintenance of brand portfolios
- Ivanka Trumps the System: Trademark Rights in China
- Cannabis Trademarks: Securing Intellectual Property Rights in Cannabis Business
- Trademark Infringement: Consumer Confusion Between Leafs by Snoop Dogg and Toronto Maple Leafs?
- International Enforcement of Trademark Rights
- General Considerations for International Trademark Portfolios
- Street Art and Copyright Protection